5 Best Cannabis Strains for a Couchlock
The couchlock effect has been associated with strong cannabis strains, particularly those that are high in THC. Cannabis edibles have also been known to induce that couchlock feeling.
Simply defined, couchlock refers to that feeling when you’re so stoned that you can’t get off the couch and have a hard time doing much else other than becoming one with your couch/bed or even sleeping.
For some, couchlock is a side effect of pot; but for others, it’s a delicious feeling.
Medicinal users particularly those who suffer from high levels of anxiety, stress, insomnia, and pain can benefit from cannabis products that impart a couchlock feeling. However, recreational users also enjoy an occasional couchlock. It helps take the edge off a long, stressful day and can also help numb the mind from unnecessary thoughts.
If having a couchlock sounds like something you’d enjoy, check out these cannabis strains:
- Trainwreck is a trippy hybrid known for its powerful sativa effects thanks to its parent plants, a mix of Afghani indicas and Mexican sativas. You’ll be treated to a yummy mix of spicy pine and sweet lemon, as it takes a high-speed train to your brain and overwhelms you with a sense of euphoria and happiness before finally departing with a couchlock. Trainwreck does wonders for treating insomnia, stress, and depression too. Can be used during the day if you microdose but for a true couchclock effect, smoke a few BIG hits after work but be sure to be at home.
- Afghan Kush has its origins in the mystical land of the Hindu Kush mountains; an area famed for its cannabis landrace strains that have gained popularity throughout the globe. Through the decades, growers have been experimenting with this genotype and now you have one strong indica that is pretty much synonymous to a guaranteed couchlock. If potent sedation is what you’re after, you can’t go wrong with Afghan Kush. It’s also been known to induce the munchies, so be sure you have some treats with you.
- Northern Lights has been famous around the world for decades now, and it’s no surprise why. As one of the purest and best indicas around, Northern Lights ensures a delicious, dream-like couchlock state that many people love. Aside from taking the mind for a ride, it will also numb the body to make sure that you are sedated both mentally and physically. This strain is well-loved among both medicinal and recreational users. Patients enjoy its ability to knock out stress, pain, depression, and of course, insomnia. All of that while inducing a relaxed, uplifted, and euphoric high.
- Sour Diesel is a well-loved sativa named for its pungent aroma that is reminiscent of diesel. But if you’ve never tried this strain, don’t let that put you off; it’s actually a real delicious kind of pungent. Sour Diesel induces dreamy couchlock states that so many people love because it allows stress and depression to fade away while making you feel good both physically and mentally. Medical patients enjoy smoking Sour Diesel because it can treat headaches, fatigue, and pain. Since it’s a sativa, Sour D can be used during the day, but with the right dose at night, you’ll be sent off into dreamland.
- Granddaddy Purple is a legendary cross between Big Bud and Purple Urkle. This strain, which has its roots in California, has gained a cult following not just because it tastes of sweet grape but because of its powerful sedating properties. Patients typically rely on Granddaddy Purple for relaxation from anxiety, treating muscle spasms, appetite loss, and insomnia. Whether you take it in small or big doses, Granddaddy Purple guarantees that your anxiety and stress are gone in a few puffs.
What do you think is the best strain out there for couchlock? This is just a partial list, but there are actually many more potent strains known to give off a potent sedation that many love. If you can’t find any of these strains at a nearby dispensary, just ask your budtender for those strains that have the highest THC amounts, and experiment with them. Typically, high THC indicas will have a better chance of working but some find that high THC sativas and hybrids also do the job.