5 Facts Men Must Know About Cannabis And Testosterone
The interaction of Cannabis with the endocannabinoid system in the body initiates several chemical reactions that help bring balance and harmony. Cannabis is rapidly becoming a component of the medical world for healing various ailments. Expanding research in the segment has motivated scientists to explore the plant to its best potential fully. The plant promises health benefits through a safe method of treatment that makes it a pleasing choice for many.
Whenever we talk about the endocannabinoid system, the discussion is incomplete without hormones. The interaction of cannabinoids with the CB receptors in the body influences the levels of hormones and neurotransmitters in the body. Sex hormones are among the various hormones that are affected by the presence of cannabis. So how does cannabis influence testosterone levels?
1. Cannabis can help boost testosterone levels in the body: The cannabis plant constitutes of two major cannabinoids – THC and CBD. Each of these cannabidiols has varying influences on the body. They interact with different parts of the endocannabinoid system and are responsible for health benefits. THC or tetrahydro cannabidiol is a psychoactive compound found in the cannabis plant. The compound interacts at CB receptor sites in the endocannabinoid system and causes a sudden hike in testosterone levels in the body. The reaction time is almost immediately after smoking Cannabis as this method of injection delivers the cannabidiols to the sites faster. A study conducted in 2015 in JAMA resulted in a jump in libido levels along with elevation in testosterone immediately post consuming Cannabis. To reap all of the above benefits, buy cannabis from a reputed dealer and grow your inhouse cannabis plant today.
While such sudden shoot up of testosterone levels seems like a good effect, such an imbalance in hormone levels could cause side effects such as excess hair loss, baldness, or even acne. There is no conclusive evidence yet to support this statement, especially because the levels of testosterone required for such effects are extremely high. Such high-level shoot ups are not possible from regular cannabis dosages.
But this type of testosterone boost effect may not be a common characteristic of all cannabis varieties. A study involving 27 subjects of men between ages 21 and 26 used marijuana regularly for three weeks. The results of the study indicate no significant change in plasma testosterone levels. Another study shows that Cannabis raises Cortisol levels in the body. This chemical can reduce testosterone levels in the body, especially in the case of frequent users. These mixed results indicate that few strains can help boost testosterone levels compared to others.
2. Cannabis can help enhance your workout efficiency : A common suggestion offered by doctors for men suffering from low testosterone levels is to improve physical activity. Taking your body through intense workouts and resistance training is a natural way of triggering your body to release more testosterone. A study shows that men who resort to regular physical activity have healthiest semen parameters as compared to unfit men. CBD is a non-psychoactive component of the cannabis plant. Strains dominant in this compound help boost overall energy and capacity of workout in men. The anti-inflammatory property, along with Omega fatty acids, makes it an ideal supplement as well as a catalyst to perform intense exercises.
3. Cannabis can help improve sperm count: Several clinical trials are under place to understand the effect of cannabis usage and sperm count. A common myth is that regular marijuana users suffer from low sperm count and mobility. Yet there has been no conclusive evidence that proves this to be true. In fact, the claims that show that regular use of cannabis in limited quantities could improve the sperm count has more literature.
A study published in the Human Reproduction journal aims to understand the effect of cannabis usage on sperm count. The study involved observation of sperm count among regular cannabis smokers and subjects who have never used cannabis. The result of the study indicated that regular users show better sperm count in comparison to the rest of the subjects. Although the study does not emphasize the levels of Cannabis exposure, another study helps understand the benefits of using marijuana in moderate quantities.
The study involved 662 couples. Their fertility was put under regular observation for 17 years at the Massachusetts General Hospital Fertility Clinic. Among the participants, about 11 percent of them openly agreed to regular marijuana use, but in a moderate amount. At the end of the study, the observations indicate that men consuming cannabis showed higher sperm concentration as compared to non-smokers. Such effects could be possible from the use of cannabis in an ideal scenario where we can eliminate factors such as smoking, age, or alcohol use for evaluation. Current clinical trials will help understand the relationship between sperm count and cannabis in detail. Search the net for weed for sale to get hold of the best cannabis strains that can boost sperm count naturally.
4. Cannabis can enhance mental health to aid natural testosterone production: Several factors, such as food habits, lifestyle choices, pollution, stress, can be responsible for declining testosterone levels in the body. Stress and anxiety can cause abnormal hormone levels in the body that can have serious side effects. Our body starts to lose a state of balance when exposed to regular stress that can affect health and wellness. CBD oils are non-psychoactive oils that can help relax the body and calm the mind of the distress. The compound interacts with the brain receptors to bring balance to serotonin levels in the body that brings this balance. This way, the body can divert energy to boost testosterone naturally. The best CBD pills you can find are those that are lab tested and have a super high level of purity, 99% or more from a lab test.
5. Cannabis controls the activity of ECS that influences male fertility: A piece of common advice for men suffering from low testosterone count is to make changes to lifestyle, food habits, sleep habits, and losing excess weight. In general, the list of problems points to hormonal imbalance in the body that is controlled and regulated by the endocannabinoid system. The best means of initiating normal hormone levels in the body is by interacting with the endocannabinoid system, like in the case of CBD. The presence of CBD helps improve testosterone levels through the regulation of chemicals in the body, such as cortisol levels that can be highly beneficial to the users. It can improve male fertility naturally and increase the production of testosterone. For it, various professionals advise going for seeds used in medical treatments.
A far more interesting fact about cannabis is how some believe that marijuana usage could lead to an increase in breast size among men. So far, only one research exists to understand this effect. The increase in size could be due to the falling level of testosterone that encourages estrogen activity. Yet, there was no conclusive evidence from the same to believe in this relation.
The mode of consuming cannabis also plays a key role in determining its effect. Always choose safe delivery modes such as edibles, oils, and tinctures, over vaping or smoking as it eliminates the side effects of the methods from affecting your overall health.