Cannabis Strains For Colon Cancer
The colon is the largest intestine, found in the lower part of the digestive system. The colon helps detoxify salt and remove excess water from solid waste before it passed through the rectum and then is finally eliminated from the anus.
However, colon cancer is the second most common cancer affecting both men and women. Colon cancer starts out as benign tumors that settle on the inside area of the large intestine. When these cells or polyps aren’t removed during colonoscopy, they may develop into malignant cancer cells, affecting healthy tissue around the tumor which leads to life-threatening problems.
Colon cancer can be difficult to detect early because symptoms are rare. But when it progresses, symptoms include rectal bleeding, diarrhea or constipation, blood in stools, unexplained weight loss, pain during defecation, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, and iron deficiency. If colon cancer spreads to other parts of the body, this can present more symptoms depending on the area where the new cancer cells have growth.
Cannabis has shown to be promising in the treatment of colon cancer. It also makes the side effects of radiation and chemotherapy treatment more manageable, and can be used in conjunction with them. The current studies available show that strains CBD, the non-psychoactive cannabinoid in cannabis, has been promising in the treatment of colon cancer.
Here are 5 excellent high CBD strains for colon cancer:
- Ringo’s Gift contains 15-20% CBD, and is the result of a cross between ACDC and Harle-Tsu. The world-class genetics of Ringo’s Gift make this strain a top choice for colon cancer patients. Ringo’s Gift is also extremely effective in masking the pain caused by muscle spasms and migraines, treating arthritis, gastrointestinal disorders, and Parkinson’s Disease. Patients can expect a full-bodied high with mild mellow activity when medicating with Ringo’s Gift.
- AC/DC has long been the go-to strain for cancer patients. AC/DC is a hybrid that contains 30:1 CBD:THC (so it has no psychoactive effects at all!), and is a 50/50 sativa/indica strain. These unique characteristics make AC/DC one of the most valuable medicinal strains out there. AC/DC delivers a balanced high, and has a delicious cherry and lemongrass aroma with hints of berries. The CBD content of AC/DC can reach as much as 19%, making it a great strain for cancer as well as patients suffering from epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, anxiety, and pain.
- Canna-Tsu is another terrific balanced CBD/THC strain; the lovechild of two high-CBD parents, Sour Tsunami and Cannatonic. Canna-Tsu boasts of deliciously sweet earthy flavors and a complex flavor palate that make it a treat to medicate with. Patients appreciate Canna-Tsu’s mellow effects combined with a pronounced mental clarity. Canna-Tsu is well-known for its pain-killing properties as well as its ability to knock out anxiety, inflammation, and seizures.
- Harlequin is a rare but extremely valuable strain, thanks to its genetics that make it seem like cannabis royalty. Harlequin is the result of combining a Columbian Gold, Nepali Indica, Thai, and Swiss landrace strains. This strain is 75% sativa and has a low THC content ranging from 5-10%. Harlequin also has a balanced 1:1 ratio of CBD:THC but some phenotypes reveal have tested with as much as 11% CBD. Harlequin has a distinct fruity and sweet flavor. More than anything, patients favor Harlequin for its powerful relaxing properties, making it ideal for colon cancer patients who are also suffering from anxiety, depression, and stress. On a physical level, Harlequin is extremely powerful in treating pain and nausea, as well as arthritis and inflammation.
- Pennywise may have a scary name, but this strain isn’t joking around when it comes to treating pain. Pennywise is the result of crossing Jack the Ripper and Harlequin, two strains that are considered in a league of their own, so it’s no surprise that Pennywise has world-class medicinal properties. Pennywise has a 1:1 CBD:THC ratio, offering colon cancer patients a mellow high combined with mental clarity when smoked at low doses; otherwise, this strain may put you to sleep. Pennywise is a high CBD indica, making it easier for colon cancer patients to get some much needed deep sleep at night while healing from within.