Cannabis Strains For Lymphoma
Lymphoma is a type of cancer that affects the immune system, particularly the infection-fighting cells called lymphocytes. These cells are found in the lymph nodes, bone marrow, spleen, thymus, as well as other parts of the body.
There are 2 kinds of lymphoma: Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, the latter of which is the most common form. Each of these types of lymphoma affect different lymphocytes. It is estimated that around 2.1% of men and women will be diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma at some point in their life, and it takes the lives of 6 out of every 100,000 people annually.
Compared to other forms of cancer, lymphoma is very treatable and in many cases, many patients are cured and go on living normal cancer-free lives. This is because the symptoms of lymphoma are more easily identified: swollen lymph nodes usually in the neck, groin, or armpit, coughing, fever, shortness of breath, itching, fatigue, and weight loss.
Cannabis has been shown to help lymphoma patients survive conventional treatment while inhibiting the growth of cancerous cells and reducing its size.
These are the 5 best strains for treating lymphoma:
- Northern Lights is a famous indica strain containing world-class genetics from its Thai sativa and Afghani indica parents. Northern Lights is one of the purest indicas in the market, and only very few strains can hold a candle to its terrific medicinal properties especially for cancer patients. This strain possesses classic indica properties; such as the ability to knock nausea out of the park – making it ideal for patients undergoing chemotherapy treatments for lymphoma while helping you get a good night’s sleep. Northern Lights also aids in the treatment of insomnia, stress, pain, and depression.
- Granddaddy Purple is a calming and relaxing indica prized among cancer patients for its ability to treat pain and help them fall asleep instantly. Granddaddy Purple also induces the appetite, which is necessary for helping cancer patients heal quicker by getting the much-needed sustenance and nutrients in the body. Its appetite-inducing and tranquilizing properties make this strain a must-have in the medicine cabinet for lymphoma patients.
- Charlotte’s Web is legendary in the world of medicinal cannabis. It contains roughly 0.3% THC, and CBD reaches as much as 20%, which means that it won’t give you any psychoactive high. Charlotte’s Web is recognized for its ability to treat a wide range of serious conditions due to its CBD content, especially for cancer patients. Charlotte’s Web is effective in treating pain, inflammation, anxiety, and depression.
- Chocolope is an uplifting, energizing sativa strain that provides tremendous relief for those suffering from fatigue due to lymphoma. Chocolope is a great strain to help pick you up day in and day out as you make your way through the healing process. If you are looking for a strain to motivate you to get things done even as you go through the course of treatment, look no further than this delicious but powerful medicinal strain. Patients appreciate Chocolope’s ability to deliver a euphoric, happiness-inducing high that will help keep you positive even when you’re feeling extremely worn-out, thanks to its double sativa lineage.
- Girl Scout Cookies may sound like a treat, but it’s so much more powerful than a snack sold by some do-gooders. Girl Scout Cookies is renowned for its medicinal properties and is considered by many as one of the best strains in the world. Medicating with Girl Scout Cookies will help relax you in both body and mind. More than that, this strain has a potent ability to treat pain as well as nausea and appetite loss which makes it handy for patients going through lymphoma treatment. Girl Scout Cookies is also effective in treating depression, stress, pain, and insomnia.
Keep in mind that while cannabis isn’t a cure-all for lymphoma, it is meant to supplement your treatment regimen rather than completely replace all of it. Until more research surfaces, experiment with different cannabis strains until you find one that suits your needs best because it will affect everyone differently. Consult with your doctor or talk to a budtender to find the best option for you – there are also oils, edibles, tinctures, capsules, and vapes as additional options.