Is Blue Dream the Greatest Cannabis Strain of All Time?
Is Blue Dream the GOAT? Tom Brady? Michael Jordan?
If you are new to the cannabis scene you will soon find out that there is an abundant selection of cannabis strains for sale now in North America, and more strains are being added each day. You can check out cannabis strain guide to find out what some of the top 200 or so strains are all about, but there is on strain that out sells them all, Blue Dream.
What is Blue Dream? As we detail in our Blue Dream strain page:
Blue Dream, a sativa-dominant hybrid originating in California, has achieved legendary status among West Coast strains. Crossing a Blueberry indica with the sativa Haze, Blue Dream balances full-body relaxation with gentle cerebral invigoration. Novice and veteran consumers alike enjoy the level effects of Blue Dream, which ease you gently into a calm euphoria. Some Blue Dream phenotypes express a more indica-like look and feel, but the sativa-leaning variety remains most prevalent. With a sweet berry aroma redolent of its Blueberry parent, Blue Dream delivers swift symptom relief without heavy sedative effects. This makes Blue Dream a popular daytime medicine for patients treating pain, depression, nausea, and other ailments requiring a high THC strain.
Blue Dream is also the number one selling strain in many legal states and legends such as Andy Williams of Medicine Man in Colorado, when asked during an interview with Cannabis.net what his favorite strain is, said “Our own grown Blue Dream, it is incredible.”
Here are 5 things I think I know about Blue Dream.
- It is the most distinctive high of any cannabis strain. If we were doing the old Coke/Pepsi taste test from the 1970s, it is the only strain I could identify from the high and effects. The high is so unique and encompasses not only the body relaxation, but also a brain melt and neck warming. I could try 5 indicas or sativas and not be able to tell you which one White Widow or Sour Diesel, but one puff of Blue Dream and it is dead on. It is the one strain that I think most people can pick out of a vape pen party.
- It is a great strain, the numbers in sales and enjoyment say that, but like any niche, when something becomes too popular or mainstream, a small segment of contrarians will spring up and start the “Blue Dream is overrated”, “Blue Dream sucks” chants. It is kind of like saying 5 Guys Burgers sucks or Chic Filet sandwiches stink. You don’t mean they stink or are bad, you are just saying they have become so popular now as to be the new normal or standard, so we need a new higher outlier to call the best or cool.
- I have called it the Johnnie Walker Black of weed. If you are a scotch or whiskey fan, you know Johnnie Walker Black is a smooth and delicious blended scotch (Blue dream is a hybrid or blend as well) that does just enough of everything to be your go-to scotch for all occasions. Blue Dream is the same, just high end enough to cover you for a night out, a chill Netflix session, or just a nice dream strain to relax and fall asleep, too.
- If I had to pick one strain to be stuck on a desert island with, it’s Blue Dream. What is yours?
- It is a sativa dominant hybrid that gives you an amazing relaxed and pain-free body high, but also warms the back of the head, neck, and brain to bring a nice high to the mind. The best of all words.
What is your favorite strain? If you had to smoke only one strain for the rest of your life, what is it?