3 Things You Can Make With 1 Gram Of Weed (Other Than Smoking It)
If you have a couple of grams of pot lying around, it’s time to get creative.
There’s a lot more you can do with it than just smoking it in a spliff. A gram of cannabis can actually get you some really great medications in other forms. This is especially helpful for consumers on a budget, because every gram counts!
Cannabis tea that can get you high? Sign us up! Tea is a great alternative to coffee, and when it’s spiked with pot you also get a more discreet way of medicating. When making this cannabis tea, remember that you’ll need fat and oil. These ingredients aren’t optional because they are necessary for extracting THC out of the cannabis.
- 1 gram of ground cannabis that has been decarboxylated
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 4 cups of water
- Boil the water in a pan on your stovetop or cooker of choice. Add the oil or butter, then let it dissolve. Gently mix it around if you’d like. Add in the ground marijuana using a tea strainer, but if you don’t have one you can simply toss it in.
- Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a sieve or cheesecloth to separate the ground cannabis. Then, pour the latte-like tea into your cup. Some people don’t like the taste of cannabis, but you can add your flavoring of choice once done.
Tip: you can also opt to use cannabutter instead of decarboxylated cannabis; this’ll save you time!
Most cannabutter recipes call for over a gram of weed, but it’s totally possible to make potent cannabutter with just 1 gram. The trick is to decarboxylate the cannabis first and make sure that you are using good quality, top-shelf pot.
- 1 gram of decarboxylated flower
- 3-6 oz. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of water
- Tools: a saucepan, stirring spoon, dense paper towel or cheese cloth, and a bowl to pour the strained infused butter
- Place the saucepan on medium-low heat; add the butter in.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the ground decarboxylated cannabis.
- You’ll notice that the butter will start reducing quickly; this is when you pour in the water to prevent the butter from burning.
- Once the mixture has boiled, reduce the heat a little and let it simmer for around 30 minutes, but frequently stirring.
- After around 15 minutes, you’ll notice the butter turning into a shade of brown. If your butter is burning (you can tell by the dark color), add 2 tablespoons of water or reduce the heat.
- Strain the cannabutter over the bowl; you can repeat this 2-3 times. Be sure to pour slowly.
- Keep the butter in the refrigerator or freezer so that it can solidify. This can take 4 hours but leaving it overnight will yield better results.
Tip: Don’t throw the strained cannabis out just yet; keep it in an air-tight bag or freezer. The pot can still contain some valuable THC which you can eat or add into other infused edibles later on.
Generally speaking, firecrackers typically work well with a gram of weed whereas brownies or other recipes call for several grams. This delicious treat will satisfy your sweet tooth – maybe even better than space cakes!
- 1 gram of ground weed
- 1 sheet of graham crackers
- 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 325F. Prepare a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Split the graham crackers into two, then spread the peanut butter onto ½ of each cracker.
- Sprinkle the ground pot on top of the PB; make sure that the pieces are all directly in contact with the peanut butter because this following step will decarboxylate the weed to get you high.
- Sandwich the graham crackers together.
- Wrap each “sandwich” in foil; bake for 30 minutes.
There you have it! Super easy and delicious firecrackers with a bang. You can also enjoy this with some honey for even more sweetness.