5 Things To Remember When Dabbing For The First Time
You’ve tried joints, pipes, bongs, edibles…. Pretty much all the basics, you’ve got covered. You’re now ready to graduate to something stronger, so it’s time for dabs.
Dabbing can seem intimidating to anyone who’s never tried concentrates before. It will give you a high that no joint, pipe, or bong can ever match; but when done right, it will give you one of the most unforgettable, blissful experiences of your life. In fact, dabbing is one of the most popular ways to consume cannabis right now.
Dabbing, in essence, is basically consuming highly concentrated forms of cannabis. They come in many forms, and are made by extracting THC as well as the other valuable cannabinoids in the plant through the use of carbon dioxide or butane. Dabs are usually consumed by heating a small bit on a hot surface, usually through the use of a nail, then inhaling it with an oil rig. The process involved in dabbing has made this method get a bad rap because of safety issues.
Although dabbing may be notorious for potential dangers, doing it right can reward you. Dabbing is loved by many cannabis users worldwide because when done properly it can give you a delightful experience. It’s also important to remember that dabbing is one of the most potent form of consuming cannabis. Yes, it can all get a bit overwhelming and technical for first-time dabbers, so here are a few tips to remember for a pleasant time:
1. Make sure that you get your concentrates from a licensed and reputable source. It is never recommended to make dabs yourself alone, because of the serious fire hazard it poses. Getting your supplies from a legit dispensary will reduce the risks of dangers involved, and also reduces the risk that you’re consuming poor-quality dabs.
2. Dab with an expert first. Dabbing can be a technical experience in itself, especially if you’re just coming from years of smoking simple things like joints and pipes. Dabbing is a whole new ballgame and requires the right equipment and comes with specific instructions to do well. First-time dabbers are better off watching an expert dab first so that they can give you pointers on doing it. You’ll also reduce the chances of burning yourself. A bad dabbing experience can turn you off enough that you’ll swear you’ll never do it again. Besides, having a friend with you to share the experience with will also be more enjoyable even when you get sky high.
3. Don’t overdo it. Just like edibles, the high you’ll get from dabbing can blindside you. Yeah, you’ll get crazy high and it’s nothing like the high from smoking a joint, pipe, or bong. Dabbing is extremely potent – depending on the variety you consume, some can reach as much as 95% THC. The sheer potency of dabs make it an excellent choice for medical patients who are looking for strong relief from a number of ailments such as chronic pain and nausea. However, recreational users also love dabbing for a reason. Just consume a pinch and you’ll start to recognize its unique buzz, and amazing flavors and aromas. It’s always best to start with a tiny amount and move your way up as you feel more comfortable.
4. Hydrate. A dry mouth is one of the most common “side effects” of using cannabis. Also known as cotton mouth, pretty much everyone feels parched when smoking a number of cannabis strains. This happens because the many compounds and cannabinoids in cannabis interact with cells that produce saliva, which can sometimes reduce the flow of saliva in your mouth. A dry mouth can happen with almost any method of administration you take, as long as it contains THC. Same goes for dabs, so make sure that you’ve got some refreshing fluids on hand.
5. Dab on a day that you don’t have to do anything. Even if you dab a small amount, there’s a pretty good chance that you’re going to be very high for several hours after you hit it. The buzz you get from dabbing may be strong and very intense, so it’s unlikely that you’ll be sober enough to drive a car, attend meetings with clients, or go to work. In fact, you’ll probably just want to lie down for a very long time.
What was it like the first time you dabbed? Share your experience with us in the comments below.