Super Potent CBD Oil Recipe
Making your own therapeutic and very potent CBD oil at home using high-proof alcohol is safe and pretty simple. With this method, you can make your own medical oil without the need for any complicated equipment. Grain alcohol is the best solvent that you can use for potent CBD oil since it doesn’t leave any unpleasant or harmful residues in the extraction; it’s considered the most ideal for creating your own small batches of edible CBD oil.
- 30g of ground buds, or up to 100g of ground and dried trim or shake. For best results, use buds or shake from the most potent CBD strains.
- 4L of grain alcohol, or food-safe and high-proof alcohol (as much as 190 proof, if you can find)
- ceramic or glass mixing bowl
- electric stove
- cheesecloth or sieve
- mason jar
- catchment container
- silicon spatula
- wooden spoon
- plastic syringe
- double boiler
- Before starting, make sure that all your equipment is clean and that your working area is spacious and neat.
- Soak the cannabis in the alcohol, stir with the wooden spoon to get rid of the resin. Leave overnight.
- Use the sieve or cheesecloth to filter to collect the first raw extraction into the catchment container, leaving out as much liquid as you can. Pour the extracted liquid into a double boiler, then slowly heat at minimum levels until you see bubbles begin to form. Allow all the alcohol to completely evaporate on its own without increasing the temperature. Keep the heat at minimum levels, or turn it on and off if you need; keep in mind the mixture needs to gently bubble continuously for 20-30 minutes. Be sure that you aren’t using a gas stove otherwise this can result in a fire.
- Don’t let the mixture get too hot; keep stirring to let some air in. While the alcohol evaporates, use the silicon spatula to mix the solution and scrape the bowl.
- Now it’s time to carefully transfer the concentrated oil into a dosage container or storage bottle before it cools off and ends up becoming too thick. Use a plastic syringe to effectively draw the CBD oil, then transfer it to a small, dark, airtight bottle or container. You can squeeze small amounts of oil out using the syringe to manage your doses, but you can also use small spoons or toothpicks.
Most CBD extracts in the market are naturally concentrated and thick. The quality usually depends on the raw material that has been used. At the end of the process when the oil is still warm, you can add a few drops of water to release the last of the alcohol molecules then further dilute it with coconut or olive oil making it more suitable for use topically. Otherwise, the final CBD oil product is just as fine for ingestion.
Using Your Homemade CBD Oil
Now that you have your own homemade CBD oil, you can see how easy it is to make right at home. This powerful medicinal oil has hundreds of medicinal and therapeutic uses, but even if you aren’t suffering from an ailment, you can use it daily for general health and prevention. In fact, using CBD oil daily can strengthen your body enough that you no longer have to depend on several supplements in your medicine cabinet.
Here are other ways you can use CBD oil:
- Topical use for skin health: CBD oil contains a high amount of antioxidants and can help sort out almost any skin ailment that you have. From acne, rough skin, aging, and eczema, CBD oil application can treat skin ailments that are brought about by inflammation.
- Pain relief: If you are suffering from chronic or acute pain, ingesting CBD oil can help you reduce or prevent pain. You can also apply the oil on the affected area for a more localized approach, such as to the forehead to provide relief from tension headaches.
- Stress relief: Most people are prone to one kind of stress or the other, and ingesting CBD oil can help you prevent the side effects of stress on your body such as the build up of free radicals or weakening of the immune system.
What are your favorite ways of using CBD oil at home?