Cannabis-Infused Nut Butter Recipe
Nuts are an excellent source of nutrients and minerals. They’re also super easy to incorporate into your diet, as long as you’re not allergic to any of them.
Nut butters are a delicious way of getting all the health benefits of nuts. The health benefits of nut butters are fast-acting and consuming just a handful a day of these great-tasting spreads will give you a ton of health benefits, especially when you combine it with all the medicinal properties of cannabis. Nut butters are a popular comfort food for both kids and adults, and if you need to medicate your kid with oil this is a great way to integrate it into their diet (in a way that wouldn’t even seem like they’re medicating!).
In this article, we’ll be teaching you how you can make your own delicious cannabis-infused nut butter. You can choose whichever nut butter you love the most; these are the 13 most popular nut butters and their health benefits:
- Cashew butter has a great sweet taste and a smooth texture. It has a lower fat content than other nut butters and it’s an excellent source of good fat. Cashew butter contains 61% monounsaturated fats, the same kind of good fat also found in olive oil as well as avocadoes. Monounsaturated fats help control cholesterol levels and keep blood pressure in check.
- Almond butter is a delicious spread that’s also nutritionally dense. Just 2 tablespoons of plain almond butter contains just 7 grams of protein and 18 grams of good fat. The combination of healthy fat and protein is effective in keeping you full for longer periods of time. Almond butter is also a great source of fiber; each serving has 3.3 grams of fiber which is already 13% of the FDA’s recommended daily allowance. Almond butter goes great with bread, oatmeal, and even smoothies.
- Peanut butter is a common household staple and a childhood favorite. Peanut butter is rich in protein, which the body then uses to repair cells and build muscles. It also contains both polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats, which means that they help keep your cardiovascular health in check.
- Sunflower seed butter is not only rich in protein, but it’s also packed with Vitamin E, which is an excellent antioxidant. This is why so many beauty products contain Vitamin E, since it helps reduce damage caused by free radicals. Sunflower seed butter also contains high amounts of magnesium, which helps reduce muscle cramps and aids in healthy bowel movement as well as many other health benefits.
- Walnut butter is loved for being a delicious source of omega-3 fatty acids. It’s also recognized for being beneficial to your overall heart health, and contains even more antioxidants than other nuts. (Trivia: Did you know that plain organic walnut butter can be applied directly to your small patches of skin to help prevent dryness and aid in healing? Imagine how much more powerful it can get once you add cannabis to the mix!)
When shopping for your favorite nut butters, make sure that you are choosing organic versions of these products, without added saturated or trans fat, or added sugar as most in the grocery store shelves contain. Otherwise, the health benefits of your cannabis-infused nut butters will just cancel themselves out!
Here’s a quick and easy recipe for infusing your favorite nut butter with coconut oil in less than 5 minutes:
Mix together nut butter and coconut oil until smooth; you can also use a food processor. THAT’S IT!
For extra flavoring you can also sprinkle some spices, such as pumpkin spice or cinnamon. If you’d like a more rustic butter taste, you can also add a cup of your favorite nuts and toss all ingredients into a blender for a delicious, crunchy infused nut butter.
Aside from using your favorite cannabis-infused nut butters as a spread, another excellent way to use them is as a substitute for oils when baking. For example, you can use them to make homemade granola, pie crusts, bars and cookies, and peanut butter energy balls.