Make Your Own Cannabis Bath Bombs for Pain and Better Sleep
But the benefits of actually bathing with cannabis are severely underrated. The skin, being our largest organ, is an excellent way to absorb the valuable therapeutic cannabinoids found in the plant. The skin absorbs CBD and THC quickly, which means that if you need fast relief from inflammation, pain, or anxiety, topical application is one of the most efficient, not to mention fun, ways to medicate.
Benefits of Cannabis Bath Bombs
- Reducing inflammation and pain: If you are suffering from chronic pain or fibromyalgia, bathing with CBD bath bombs can provide tremendous relief from extreme pain especially if you are using bath bombs that are high in CBD. Additionally, when your body becomes buoyant in water, it also helps naturally relieve some pain on the joints due to pressure. Aches and pains, be gone!
- Improve immunity: During the cold and flu season, bathing in cannabis bath bombs is a great way to promote homeostasis, which is also the job of your endocannabinoid system. Exposing your body to endocannabinoids increases production of immunomodulators, boosting your body’s ability to fight off disease. If you’re prone to colds and the flu, you can also create a super charged bath bomb by adding healing oils such as eucalyptus.
- Stress relief: If you haven’t experienced just how relaxing it is to soak up in hot water that is infused in cannabinoids, you’re in for a treat. Soaking up THC and CBD is beneficial for your entire body, especially if you’re stressed out or suffer from anxiety.
- Improve sleep: No matter the cause of your insomnia, bathing in a cannabis bath bomb will calm the mind and body while releasing tension. As a plus, getting out of warm or hot water followed by exposure to cold air will also increase the production of melatonin in the body.
- Improve breathing: Combining essential oils, the steam that comes out of a hot bath, and therapeutic cannabinoids does you a lot of good. If you have asthma or a respiratory condition, adding ylang ylang, orange, and peppermint essential oils to your bath bomb will do wonders for easing up your breathing.
Bathing with cannabis bath bombs is also extremely relaxing. So if you’re looking for a new way to medicate, learn how to make your own right here.
3 tablespoons cannabis oil of your choice (high THC, high CBD, whatever it is you like)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
½ cup corn starch
½ cup Epsom salt
½ cup citric acid
1 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon water
Essential oils of your choice: add 30 up to 40 drops, depending on how you want your bath bombs to smell like. An easy choice is lavender because of its calming properties that will do both body and mind good!
Food coloring (optional)
Measuring cups and spoons
2 mixing bowls
Bath bomb molds (you can buy bath bomb molds or use a muffin tin as long as it gives you the shape you desire. Just make sure that it has an opening large enough to remove the finished product)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly blended.
- In the other mixing bowl, combine the liquid ingredients well.
- Slowly mix the dry and liquid ingredients together, then pour into the mold while mixing as you go. Keep in mind that the mixture should hold well when you squeeze it, and it shouldn’t crumble.
- Pour the mixture into the mold, tightly packed. Work as fast as you can so that the solution doesn’t dry out.
Allow your bath bombs to set for 4 or 5 days. This way, it will dry completely. If you hold the bath bombs before they thoroughly dry, they can end up crumbling, and you will end up losing valuable product.
One Last Note
Enjoying a cannabis infused bath bomb occasionally is definitely good, but don’t overdo it. Incorporating it into your routine twice a week should do the trick, but doing it too often can dry out your skin. Not because of the cannabis of course, but the water. So if you see your skin becoming dry, you might want to cut back on your bath bombs.