Are you a “Master Cannabis Grower” and looking to work in the Caribbean growing cannabis?
Cannabis.net has a job opportunity for you that may be a once in a lifetime dream job for the right cannabis grower! The private company is listing this job as well as a “Head of Caribbean Facilities” job listing throught the search firm of Catherine Brownlee, LLC in Canada. If the Caribbean isn’t calling your name right now, you can always see hundreds of open cannabis jobs on our cannabis job board at Cannabis.net, just click here!
Do you have a long history of growing cannabis and want a shot at moving to the Caribbean to grow weed?
Get ready, read the listing below and then how to apply!
Master Grower – Caribbean Our client creates high quality cannabis products by using science and quality assurance programs. They are a team that is passionate about cannabis for health and wellness, that takes full advantage of the cannabis plant to develop innovative products – ensuring safety, quality and efficiency. Reporting to the Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager, the Master Grower will oversee the agricultural cannabis growing from seed to harvest and support pre-processing activities to prepare flower for secure transport to an extraction facility. As one of two Master Growers, you will be responsible for the development of a team of agricultural workers. You will ensure that they comply with best practices, health, safety and workplace culture standards, while meeting local regulatory and international compliance requirements. As a team you will foster the growth of mature, rich cannabis plants with maximum cannabinoid and terpene production and little to no chemical contaminants.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensures adherence to and compliance with all GMP, GAP and GACP cultivation guidelines and recommendations
• Researches and advises on seed and strain selection and cultivation • Collaborates with local and regional research partners, traditional growers and subject matter experts, to assist in contributing to identified scientific research goals
• Oversees the lifecycle of plant development from seed to harvest and ensures proper labelling, documenting and traceability of each plant
• Identifies any risks to plant development at key stages and adjusts care and treatment of the plants to maximize their growth potential
• Prepares, reviews, distributes and maintains controls over documents and records related to the growth cycle of each cannabis strain and plant in accordance with GMP standards; these records include but are not limited to equipment and materials used and their origins, plant growing care and conditions, chain of possession, and batch controls
• Communicates all plant care with other Master Growers
• Liaises with Laboratory Lead, Extractions Lead, and Chief Science Officer to create and maintain a library of seed, plant care strain care
• Creates and documents SOPs for training and standardizing of the work of agricultural teams • Monitors, coaches, and documents performance of agricultural workers
• Manages the compliant documenting and handover of useable cannabis product for transport to extraction facility and the documenting and destruction of unusable cannabis biomass for disposal
• Prepares post-harvest growing reports that consolidate details about the seed-to-harvest conditions and plant care provided
• Acts as health and safety lead on site for their team and job location • Verifies and submits hours of team members for payroll • Schedules shifts for agricultural workers and manages any scheduling gaps as required due to illness/unexpected absence from work • Manages, monitors, and supervises plant defoliation, trimming, and bagging of finished plants on harvest to comply with security and regulatory requirements for transport to extraction facility
• Acts as Subject Matter Expert and/or Trainer for quarterly ‘Team Teach’, a social learning workshop that allows agricultural workers to expand their knowledge of cannabis
• Partners with the other Master Growers to regularly review, assess, and improve growing, cultivation, and documenting practices
• Test, document, and submit soil and plant chemistry readings to the lab throughout plant growth cycles for regulatory compliance, validation and verification
• Documents and reports any health and safety, human rights, labour code concerns, or any issues of harassment, bullying, discrimination or violence to Human Resources
• Ensure staff are implementing SOPs correctly while maximizing output
• Bachelor’s degree or professional certification in horticulture, greenhouse sciences, or plant biology and/or equivalent experience
• Solid understanding of EU-GMP quality standards • Strong knowledge and experience in Good Agricultural Collection Practices (GACP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
• Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (QMS) such as ISO9001 and ISO17025
• 3-5 years experience in agricultural management (cannabis preferred)
• Expert-level knowledge of cannabis agriculture including light and soil conditions, fertilization techniques, plant chemistry and biology, and plant life cycle
• Meticulous attention to detail • Ability to work with a diverse group of people from different cultures and worldviews
• Strong understanding of health and safety hazards related to agricultural work and commitment to training and maintaining a safe and accident-free job site
• Experience writing, documenting, and maintaining concise SOPs on agricultural practices • Strong teaching and coaching skills for team development
• Knowledge of safe handling practices with various hazardous materials related to plant cultivation including soil supplements
• Ability to understand technical and regulatory/compliance
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Self-motivated, responsive, ambitious, hardworking, organized, and adaptable • Demonstrated experience and desire to share and develop knowledge across a team
• Willingness and ease working in both a greenhouse and outdoor growing environment in different weather conditions.
For questions and information, send your resume to Catherine Brownlee at email@example.com and to Lisa Corrigan at Lisa@catherinebrownlee.com as they are handling the first round of interviews.
See other open cannabis jobs, click here!
LAND A CANNABIS JOB TODAY, READ THESE..